Many women have concerns about chiropractic care and their pregnancy. Fortunately, chiropractic care is completely safe during pregnancy and can help to reduce some of the negative elements associated with pregnancy including nausea.
Pregnancy can take a toll on the body; often in the form of back pain joint pain especially as a pregnancy progresses. Many women, particularly those who have seen a chiropractor in the past, are quick to turn to chiropractic care as a solution to the aches and pains pregnancy is causing. On the other hand, many women can’t help but wonder if an adjustment is safe for mom and baby. Fortunately, learning about chiropractic care and your pregnancy can help ease the concerns and pains of expectant mothers.
Are Chiropractors Trained to Treat Pregnant Women?
All chiropractors have been trained to work with pregnant women. Chiropractic care is safe for pregnant women.There are chiropractors that specialize in the treatment of pregnant women.These chiropractors will have special
designations indicating that they have advanced training in pregnancy (CACCP, DACCP or Webster Certified).Chiropractors who specialize in pregnancy care may use a special table. All chiropractors will use techniques that avoid placing unnecessary pressure on a woman’s stomach
The Benefits of Chiropractic Care and Your Pregnancy.
There are numerous benefits of receiving chiropractic care during your pregnancy; they can include:
- Better controlling nausea and morning sickness that are so frequently associated with pregnancy. For women struggling with morning sickness, regular chiropractic care during pregnancy can help reduce nausea, allowing you to more easily go about your day to day tasks.
- Relieving joint, back and neck pain. Chiropractic care during pregnancy can allow you to say goodbye to aches and pains making for a much easier pregnancy
- Improving overall wellness during pregnancy; this can make for a safer, healthier pregnancy.
- Chiropractic care can reduce the amount of time a woman spends in labor and delivery. Regular visits with a chiropractor during your pregnancy can help reduce the about of time you spend in labor and delivering your baby;
making for a much smoother hospital stay.
- Chiropractic care can help prevent the need for a caesarean section.In some cases, chiropractors can be used to help reposition breech babies (Babies holding bottomdown position instead of headdown position)
While the range of services a chiropractor varies from person to person, it has a lot of advantages. Get in touch with your local hospitals in the UAE if you have questions or concerns about chiropractic care and your pregnancy. Chiropractic care during pregnancy has the potential to make your pregnancy much less difficult.